Thank you for showing interest in a Beaverbrook membership. We are now accepting new member applications for 2019. Please be sure to read all of the information below.
But first let us tell you a few things about our club.
Who We Are
We are a private sportsmen's club organized to serve our members. That said we are also interested in promoting the shooting sports and to that end we do allow outside groups to use our facilities. Some of the groups that that use our club include the Boy Scouts, 4H, Pheasants Forever, High School Trap Teams, several DNR Firearms Safety Instructor groups, Twin Cities Action Shooters, Metro Area Practical Shooting Association and the Twin Cities Muzzleloaders. We have also welcomed the Minnesota DNR Conservation Officers, the Anoka County Sheriff, as well as the Blaine and Spring Lake Park Police Departments -- to do training at our club. So you can see we are dedicated to serving the community as well.
We currently have six trap fields equipped with Pat-Traps and voice callers, one skeet field. For rifle and pistol we have a 100-yard, two 140 yard and a 200 yard range all with covered benches, also six multi-purpose shooting bays -- two 100’ wide by 60 yards deep, four 50’ wide by 40 yards deep. We also have an archery range with six butts set at varying distances.
In addition to the ranges we have a clubhouse with a kitchen staffed during trap leagues. A covered pavilion for socializing and getting out of the sun / rain. And by the other ranges we have a heated building for members to use year around.
Now for some information about membership. We accept twenty-five (25) applications per month starting in December, for a January join date, through the first week of August. Currently we do have General membership positions available. Our "General" membership is for individuals eighteen (18) years old and older. This membership also grants a member’s spouse, children and grandchildren (under 21 years) almost all the privileges of regular members. The differences being they do not have a vote and are not allowed to use the facilities without a regular member accompanying them. They do receive the member discounts on trap and range use.
We also have available a new class of membership for the spouse of a current or new member who wishes to have independent access to the club. This "Extended Spousal" membership will add a member access card, but still no vote or any option for a work credit. The cost of this membership is one-half of the General Membership dues, currently $75.00.
The process of becoming a member is as follows:
- Again, remember we accept new members from January through August and limit the total number of General and Extended Spousal memberships to twenty-five (25) per month. Also we may close memberships at any time if we reach a membership limit.
- All applicants for General or Extended Spousal membership will need to fill out the online application. Without an application, we cannot process the membership. Please fill out the application as completely as possible, the fields marked with an ‘*’ are required. We need all the required information completed with VALID entries. If you don’t have an email or telephone you need to ask someone you trust to let you use theirs and have them pass on messages. We use email as our primary method of contacting you. And to be blunt we will not accept the “I didn’t see the email” as an excuse.
- The online application must be submitted seven (7) days before you can attend the required class below. After we receive your application, we will send you an email invitation about a week before the class. Note: --- the application is only valid for two (2) opportunities to attend the New Member class described below, with the exception being August as that is the last orientation class of the year. After which if you have not attended the class your application will be purged from our system.
- All applicants for membership MUST attend, the “Club Tour, Rules and Safety Orientation” class. On the application you will need to indicate your choice of orientation class you wish to attend. If a class date is not listed, it is because that class has reached our monthly limit. The class dates are shown on the club’s website calendar, they are usually on the Sunday before the third Wednesday of the month at 9:00am but do check the website’s calendar first. This class / tour may take up to three hours depending on the number of new member applicants.
- At this class anyone joining as a General or Extended Spousal member must present a current “Carry Permit”, “LE Identification” or “Permit to Acquire” in their name, the latter can be obtained from your local Police Department at no cost to you. This permit may take two weeks or more to process so please plan ahead.
- After the orientation class, the Membership Committee will vote on acceptance of each applicant. If the committee votes to grant you membership you will receive your membership card at the class. If a majority of the committee isn’t present, your application will be delayed until the committee meets for the vote. If that vote is to grant you membership, you’ll receive an email with the date your card will be available to pick up at the clubhouse.
- At the end of the orientation class if you still wish to join you will be required to pay the first year’s annual dues, and for General membership the initiation fee.
- General membership - $150.00 dues, $40.00 initiation fee. For a total of $190.00.
- Extended Spousal membership $75.00 dues.
- The club accepts cash, checks or credit cards
- By attending the class and joining the club ... you are asserting and acknowledging that you know and understand the rules and policies of Beaverbrook Tri-County Sportsmen's Club and have been made aware of the ramifications of breaking any of these rules.
If you cannot accomplish these steps due to some personal situation you will need to email the club the circumstances and request alternative instructions. The club's board will make a ruling and their decision will be emailed to you. Trust me when I say there are very rare instances when the board makes exceptions to the normal membership process.
Here is a link to the Membership Application.